Thanks for your thoughts.  I've checked that the error occurs when calling
my shutdown routine which closes the database (i.e. when calling
DmCloseDatabase).  DmOpenDatabaseInfo isn't called during the shutdown
routine - the only time it is called is when creating the database.

"Ben Combee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> At 07:28 PM 4/20/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I am writing an application that contains 4 databases.  On startup I open
> >all 4 (and create if they don't already exist).  I am finding however
that
> >when closing the program, an exception occurs.  In particular, when
> >running the program in the emulator, the following error is displayed
upon
> >closing the application:
> >
> >"Hardware exception #2 occurred while the emulator was calling the Palm
OS