Doh! Yup, that was it.

I never would have expected a Simulator setting to cause the PalmOS being simulated to report that it doesn't implement APIs.

Thanks,

Ted

On Jul 16, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Ben Combee wrote:

At 03:47 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to write some streaming sound playback code. I've looked at the KnowledgeBase sample code, and used that as my starting point.

Here's the problem I'm running into: using PODS beta 1 and the PalmOS Garnet Simulator 5.4, I check:

err = FtrGet( sysFileCSoundMgr, sndFtrIDVersion, &version );

and it returns errNone. I thought that this was the documented way to check for availability of the streaming sound feature set (along with a specific check for the Tungsten|T that doesn't apply here).

But then when I try to call SndStreamCreate() it returns sndErrNotImpl (function not implemented).

Is this a peculiarity of the Garnet simulator? Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have sound turned on in the Simulator? It's on the right-click settings menu.

-- Ben Combee, DTS technical lead, PalmSource, Inc. "Combee on Palm OS" weblog: http://palmos.combee.net/ Palm OS Dev Fourm Archives: http://news.palmos.com/read/all_forums/