From: "AyloNs Hazzud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Look at the AddressBook (now Contacts) code, itÂs a great resource for
> learning how to handle with databases of all kinds. YouÂll find it in the
> SDK.

Although for a beginner the Addressbook has the disadvantage
that it's fairly complex (it stores variable fields that are defined
using meta-data flags).  It might be easier to start with another
example, perhaps MemoPad or DateBook.  These still have some
complexity because they use packed database records - that is,
records that are copied from an edit structure that has some wasted
space into a tightly packed database structure.

I don't know of a good example that just copies a simple structure
into a database record that could be used as a first example -
does anyone else have a suggestion?

Chris Tutty