From: "John Spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have recently inherited a project to develop an application for
> the Treo 600.  I have 20 years of C programming experience but
> none for the Palm platform.  I also inherited a copy of CodeWarrior
> for Palm Computing Platform, Release 6.
>
>From memory Metrowerks had relaxed their upgrade policy to allow
an upgrade to v9 from any prior version.  That'll get you CW9 for
US$99 or US$199 or something like that.  I'd advise upgrading
before you put any work in, it'll reduce the frustration (v6 has some
problems) and make answers from this group easier to apply in
your IDE.

If you haven't worked with Palm OS your best option might be to
outsource the remainder of the project and then pick up the
maintenance yourself.  On my past experience training developers in
Palm OS, people seem to take eight to twelve weeks to get up to
speed with Palm OS development.  Although good C skills will be
useful, it's a new platform, a new development IDE, a new debugging
infrastructure and a new SDK - a fair amount of detail to get familiar
with.

My rates are reasonable, call me  :-)

Chris Tutty