> I develop a cave survey freeware

That's what I meant by special occasions.

Anyway, we have also another app (a file manager) that is limited to OS4.
But again, OS5 customers constitute 90+%.

I talk about the paying customers as I don't have any access to those that
just download.
The cracked versions of our apps are very popular in countries like Russia.
(There was a user poll on one Russian forum about our viewer: majority of
the users used cracked version, the rest could manage the protection
differently - nobody bought it. To be fair, some of those users would pay,
but the credit cards present a problem.) It is quite possible that the main
pre-OS5 market is there.

Does anybody have relevant marketing data?

> And myself, what do I gain? No money, that's for sure, but life is not
just
about earning money.

Despite I may sound as too business-oriented, the reverse is true. I am more
driven by the product quality than by the considerations whether the
programming efforts will pay back.

Jan Slodicka