> I'm curious about the press release that said that GTK+ will be
> used as the graphics toolkit.  Does this mean that the Linux base
> OS includes a complete X server?  Or a hacked-down simplified one?

GTK+ can be built to work on X or to work on DirectFB, a simpler
hardware acceleration layer.  I don't know what strategy ACCESS is
using -- they said their demo was running on a mini-X server, but they
haven't said which way they'll go for the final product.

> Do you think it would be a step in the right direction
> if I added a GTK+ UI on Linux by creating a 320x320 or 320x480 window
> in the Linux GUI?  (I.e., would that port directly to ALP?) Or would I
> end up rewriting everything later for the ALP's specific implementation
> of GTK+?

I don't think there's enough information yet to make a good decision here.