Hi Guys,
  I am new to palm development, I am working on a project whcih requires access to low level API on palm. I need to start this in few days.

 My application should be Upward compatable to treo 650 ,
1. so should I develop in Garnet or for Cobalt OS.
2. If I develop in Cobalt OS will it be compatabe with present Treo 650 ?
3. Do I need to develop Application  both in Garnet and Cobalt?

 The client doesn't require any downward comaptabilty with Palm OS less then 5.x version

so please sugesst me something..........

thanks in advance

regards
Peyush Rai

On 6/13/06, Michal Seliga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Donald C. Kirker wrote:
> There is the PiNGer program for ZBoxZ, but it is no simple task to get it
> working in another app.
>
> I am working on it more and I want to make it into a library, but it will
> take a while as I have other immediate priorities. Eventually it will be an
> ARM lib, but that is aways off.
>
> I would recommend using JPEGs and the pnoJpegLib. It is far easier to use
> right now.
>
> -Donald

Hi,

you wrote that you plan to work on making some png decoding library from code
from zboxz... i need something like that for my project and i planned to do
exactly the same thing you wrote. so if you have something ready it would save a
lot of work for me...

for now all i need is code which would decompress any png file (for start
24/32bit pngs would be enough) to memory buffer in BGRA format (yes, i need
alpha value too), i don't need scaling or such features, but if i would start
with it i would like to make it similar to pnojpeglib with similar api
functions. except that this library wouldn't support encoding.

as alternative i read somewhere on pluggedin forums that i can use http library
to draw png to screen. but that would kill alpha channel so for me its unusable.
and http library is not supported on all devices

so if you have some code or some hints please let me know...)