As of OS 3.0 I believe that the maximum size record is
just a bit under 64K. I don't recall the exact number
but I believe it not exactly 64K, just under.

Also the maximum heap allocation is 96K but TCP/IP
stacks take up 32K so back down to 64K as a maximum
allocation size.

I believe this is accurate for the motorolla 68K
Dragonball but not sure about the ARMLETS. Let assume
the dragonball model -the questions remains
? How many allocations of about 64K can one do?
? What if I need to load an entire record, is it
possible to load all that data, about 64K into a
dynamically allocated buffer

If I were to say parse XML, would it make sense to
load as much as I can into memory and operate on that
for speed or should I iterate the data directly w/in
the storage heap?