Hi Philippe,

Philippe Schaffnit schrieb:
I've spotted something which I find a bit counter intuitive: I might
have the wrong expectations, though...

I am under the imrpession that '--filter Squish' is doing its bit only
on the 'main' script, and not on the modules: is this the way it's
supposed to be? If yes, please discard the rest of this mail, 8-)...
[discarded :)]

Well, the switch you are looking for is probably -F!
If you try the development version of PAR (0.958 right now), you can even use -F to select *which* modules to filter. See my recent post to the list for details.

Anyhow, -F Squish should filter all modules. Don't hold your breath, though. This isn't going to save a lot of space for various reasons discussed in the FAQ on par.perl.org. Basically: a) The modules are gzipped anyway, b) the POD is removed anyway (Filter PodStrip). Squish additionally removes some whitespace and all comments.

Steffen