I tested it also on my OSX 10.4 machine,
seems that anywhere I execute my script I get the proper variable inside $0,

thanks guys!

l-p

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote ----

Hi Steffen,

I did think this trough.

On my Win32 box, as a packed pp exec, test.exe called as

..\..\test.exe

or just test.exe

gets

C:\fullpath\to\test.exe

in $0.

So, anything that parses $0 and uses the result correctly when it is a script (
so gets the right path whether $0 contains C:\fullpath\to\test.exe or
..\..\test.exe or .\test.exe or test.exe ), will always work when $0 contains a
full path.

I can't speak for PerlApp - didn't check that out.

Best Regards

Mark