On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Thomas George <thomas.w.geo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wait .. I missed the point of what you were saying .. However, unzip doesn't
> seem to know how to unzip  an executible created with pp.

Don't get fooled by WIMPy programs or programs insisting on certain
filename suffixes. Try unzip from http://infozip.sourceforge.net,
I always do something like this

$ unzip -l some-pp-generated.exe

do find out whether everything was correctly packed in.
If even infozip's unzip doesn't recognize your executabel as a zip file,
then your pp has some serious problem.

> I'd like to hear from the developers, or some onw who actually knows the
> answer to this:
>
> Is it possible to decompile or display code that is packaged into an
> executible using PAR or pp..?
> Many thanks,

Putting my "submitted some small fixes and actually knows the answer" hat on:
Yes, you can - unzip it (both PAR - which is nothing but a zip file - and pp -
which is a zip file with a self extractor tacked on at the front).

Cheers, Roderich