Hi Roderich,

Roderich Schupp wrote:
- How can modifying find_par_last help in implementing "fallback => 0", i.e.
 "prefer loading modules from a repository over the locally installed modules",
 when find_par_last is _appended_ to @INC: if a module is already found using
 the built-in @INC the find_par_last will not be called at all?

- If find_par_last works as intended, why is there no corresponding
  modification for the code path dealing with bootstrapping DLLs, i.e. XS parts?
  The modification to find_par_last in 0.992 explicitly deals only
with .pm files.
  The function in PAR.pm that replaces DynaLoader::bootstrap still calls
  _find_par_any.

that's a good cue. I have been paying attention but I haven't had the time to debug this. I'll try to do so during this week.

Cheers,
Steffen