On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Steffen Mueller
<nj88ud...@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Hmm. Let me explain the logic a bit. Maybe you can spot what's wrong with it
> (I can't). First, without repositories:
>
> - There's a list of .par files that have been loaded preferentially. They
> take precedence over the installed modules and are tracked via the list in
> @PAR_INC.
> - Then, there's a list of .par's which are considered fallbacks. They are
> tracked in the last @PAR_INC_LAST.
> With repositories, things become a bit more complicated:
>
> - If any repository that's checked for a particular module has it, the
> corresponding par file will be downloaded to the computer and loaded with
> PAR. Therefore, it'll feed back into the @PAR_INC or @PAR_INC_LAST lists of
> loaded pars at that point (see above).

How does that "feeding back into @PAR_INCor @PAR_INC_LAST" work?
I don't see where these are augmented except during PAR.pm's import processing.

Also, can you explain the following call (in find_par() and find_par_last()):

_find_par_internals([$PAR_INC_LAST[-1]], @args);

What's so special about the last element of @PAR_INC_LAST?

Sorry for not getting back earlier on this, got distracted by work :)

Cheers, Roderich