Hi,

Just a 'heads up' to the list for Win32::Exe compilation problems using MinGW / gcc 3.4.5 toolchain on Windows XP. It appears there's an issue, probably with dlltool, on that combination.

See http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=63685

for full details.

In short, if you see an "Invalid access to memory location" error

# Failed test 'use Win32::Exe::InsertResourceSection;'
# at t/0-load.t line 6.
t/0-load.t ... 1/1 # Tried to use 'Win32::Exe::InsertResourceSection'.
# Error: Can't load 'C:\perl\cpan\build\Win32-Exe-0.15-OufTVO\blib\arch/aut
o/Win32/Exe/InsertResourceSection/InsertResourceSection.dll' for module
Win32::E
xe::InsertResourceSection: load_file:Invalid access to memory location
at C:/per
l/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 201.
# at (eval 4) line 2

then it is probably the same issue. I'm a bit surprised I can't find much more evidence of the issue affecting other modules - as it most certainly does. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?

Anyway, hope this will help someone else who suffers the same failure.

Regards

Mark