----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Dootson" <mark.doot...@znix.com>
To: <par@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:05 PM
Subject: Problems compiling Win32::Exe on Windows XP with mingw

Hi,

Just a 'heads up' to the list for Win32::Exe compilation problems using MinGW / gcc 3.4.5 toolchain on Windows XP. It appears there's an issue, probably with dlltool, on that combination.

See http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=63685

for full details.

Came across the same issue with Term-ReadKey-2.30.01.
All I could work out was that it's necessary to use a different MinGW compiler.

The "problem" compiler that I was using was a gcc-3.4.5 installed via 'ppm install MinGW'. Haven't struck the problem with either the gcc-3.4.5 that I built myself from source, or the gcc-3.4.5 that shipped with Strawberry Perl before they switched to 4.4.3.

Cheers,
Rob