Tue Jan 11 05:20:53 2011: Request 64576 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: pp bug
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: terziy...@abv.bg
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=64576 >

On 2011-01-11 00:39:53, terziy...@abv.bg wrote:
>> please build> PAR::Packer from source (including running "[dn]make test")
>   - How to do that in Windows Vista Ent environment ?

Like any other Perl module, e.g. using the "cpan" command.
You'll need a C compiler for PAR::Packer.

If you you have VisualStudio, just make sure that the path
to the C compiler is in the environment when you invoke "cpan".
Otherwise use MingW. I think ActiveState has a ppm "mingw"
or something, install that first.

> - I don't have any output from command "pp -o test example.pl" Only
the error message : "Undefined subroutine &amp;version::vxs::_VERSION
called at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line" 566.

Is this really the same error message when trying to pp the
trivial example (hello.exe)?

Cheers, Roderich