No, I tried the pp --gui and it works just like it used to on my 32 bit machine. Haven't found anything that doesn't work. Only missing the help file (pp -h) and I can read that in the PM so no problem there. Thanks again for all the efforts of the team.

Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Roderich Schupp
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:47 AM
To: Bob R
Cc: Mark Dootson ; Travis Williams ; par@perl.org
Subject: Re: PP failure

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Bob R <engin...@fuse.net> wrote:
Thank you all for your efforts on this. Let me start out by saying I got the
packer running on my machine!

Thanks for testing Mark's modifications.

no visible difference. I did get one failure on the tests, but it appears to
be just trying to implement converting a file that doesn't exist. I'm

No, this failure may indicate that "pp --gui ..." won't work. But if you're not
going to use this feature the main functionality looks OK

Cheers, Roderich