Am 30.06.2016 um 11:58 schrieb Johan Vromans:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:14:00 +0200
Roderich Schupp <roderich.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Johan Vromans <jvrom...@squirrel.nl>
wrote:

pp executables are not as stand-alone as the ones from Cava and
PerlApp.

Care to elaborate?

Sure.

I've been working with PerlApp for many years (up to 2013) to deliver
commercial, wxPerl based Windows applications. From 2008 I (also) used Cava
Packager in combination with Citrus Perl to deliver cross-platform (Linux,
Windows, OSX) wxPerl based applications.

The main goal was, and still is, to deliver something to the user that just
works without hassle. Currentday users do not know, nor care, about
operating systems, Perl, wxWidgets and so on. They click to install, and
click to run.

With pp they don't even have to install, they click and it just runs fine. I'm using pp now for 10 years to deliver an executable that includes Postgres client libraries and Tk UI. It works fine on Linux MacOS and Windows.
Thanks to Roderich for all the work!

Cheers, Christoph