Like Christoph I have been using pp to make standalone Windows programs for a
number of years. I have only had a few issues:

1. It can be a bit tricky under Windows adding an icon to the executable and
populating its property fields but it is doable.

2. The application takes a long time to start because it is using the native
Perl zip libraries. There may be a way around this but I haven't looked into it.

Roderich is extremely patient and responsive to questions and bug reports.
Thank you Roderich for all your hard work.

Johan,

Based on your posts I looked into Citrus Perl and Cava Packager and followed
some of your posts on the subject. It is unfortunate that both projects have
been abandoned.

Cava Packager has some features that would make nice additions to pp but it
seems that the Cava's current license precludes using Cava code which means
developing the features from scratch unless we can get Cava's author to release
the code which seems unlikely.

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
Information Security Engineer Lead     College of Computing