Just to follow up on this. I downloaded the precompiled ParaView 3.6.2 for OS X (Running on OS X 10.5.8/Intel). This is how I reproduced the problem.

Launch ParaView.
Select a Sphere source. Note that there already is a Point Array called "Normals" and the Color By drop down will show it.

Run the "PointDataToCellData" filter.
Note that now there is a Cell Based "Normals" array but the Color By drop down ONLY lists "Solid Color". Is this correct behavior?

Just FYI, I compiled ParaView 3.6.2 on Windows 7 with VS 2008 and running the same exact sequence I get 2 arrays under the Color By drop down menu. "cellNormals" and "Normals". Where "Normals" shows up under the "Data Arrays" list as Cell Based Arrays.

And so it goes..
--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>