I just fire up the 3.6.2 binary from Kitware on OS X 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro with nVidea 8600M graphics card and the information tab is identical to your image BUT my "Color By" drop down only shows "Solid Color", "Ids", "Normals", all of which are "Point Data" and NOT "Cell Data".

So not really sure what is up. If someone wants to remotely work on my machine email me off list and I'll get you setup.

Mike Jackson.