Hi Steve,

Is it possible you are using an older paraview?  The python code for
xycharts is relatively new.  Instead of CreateRenderView() you should have
CreateXYPlotView().  You shouldn't be calling

   DataRepresentation3.add_attribute('XArrayName','arc_length')

but just:

  DataRepresentation3.XArrayName = 'arc_length'

With the script you posted, DataRepresentation3 won't have the 'XArrayName'
attribute because you called Show when the active view was a render view,
not an XYPlotView.

Pat