I have some questions related to a specific datafile format (simple example
below).

Q1:  what exactly is displayed by default when this file is opened?
Q2:  I can't seem to use a Contour filter on the data - is the format of the
file causing problems or something else?
Q3:  how does one force output results to go to an existing window, rather than
opening a new one?

Here's a link with the same questions and some accompanying pics:
http://www.compucell3d.org/mediawiki1.7/index.php/Pv_simple

thanks, Randy

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
silly data