Pat,

Thanks for the tips.  Sure enough, the clean-to-grid filter worked (seems odd
though, as the contour filter would presumably use a slower alg on an unstruct
grid).

Regarding the "Convert to" 2D/3D views, when I tried it on that example, it
seemed to clear the views and I wasn't sure how to recover them.  But I'll keep
playing.

-Randy