Thank you all! Good to know that Visual Studio Express won't do the job, that already saved me some trouble. I might think about switching to mingw before getting Visual Studio though...

Best regards,
Christian

Dave Partyka schrieb:
Do you have Visual Studio? If so then the only thing you need is the source:

http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2.zip

Extract that and the open a 64-bit Visual Studio Command Prompt

Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio 2008 x64

Then cd into the directory where you extracted the source and run the following

configure <insert any options you might want>
nmake

I don't think namke install works on Windows.

You should have a fully built Qt that you can build ParaView with.