Hey Mike,

Hopefully someone else has a "real" filter that will do this, but in the
meantime I think you can do what you want with a Python Programmable Filter.
Set the output to the type you want, and put something like this in the script:

pdi = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)
block0 = pdi.GetBlock(0)
pdo = self.GetOutputDataObject(0)
pdo.ShallowCopy(block0)