Hello,

I try to write and read a vtk (legacy) file, and I have two problems :

1) reading :
------------

from a vtkStructuredGrid object, I use a vtkStructuredGridWriter to create a vtk file, and I have the following problem : when I launch the script in Paraview, the format of floating points is not good (I obtain for example 33,1632 instead of 33.1632). So, the file created is not readable by Paraview. If I launch the script directly in a terminal, it works fine. Perhaps because the version of vtk module is not the same ?
If I use the binary format I have not this problem.

2) writing :
------------

I would like to read my vtk files from the python shell, with OpenDataFile(), but It didn't succeed and I have the following message (with a file which can be read in paraview using menu open of course :-) :

/home/plumecoq/tmp/ParaView/flow_1_0075.vtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/plumecoq/EHPOC/plugins/ElsaMenu/elsa.py", line 91, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/plumecoq/EHPOC/plugins/ElsaMenu/elsa.py", line 73, in main
    reader_vtk = OpenDataFile(file_name_vtk)
File "/home/plumecoq/Paraview/ParaView-3.8.0-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/simple.py", line 115, in OpenDataFile
    reader = globals()[xml_name](FileName=filename, **extraArgs)
File "/home/plumecoq/Paraview/ParaView-3.8.0-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/simple.py", line 542, in CreateObject
    setattr(px, param, params[param])
File "/home/plumecoq/Paraview/ParaView-3.8.0-bin/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py", line 201, in __setattr__
    "to add this attribute.")
AttributeError: Attribute FileName does not exist. This class does not allow addition of new attributes to avoid mistakes due to typos. Use add_attribute() if you really want to add this attribute.

any ideas ? I try to use LegacyVTKFileReader instead, but I have also some problems.

I use a re-compile version of Paraview 3.8, under Linux (Fedora 10 - 64 bits)

thanks for your help.

Jérôme