I am unsure how best to do what I want to do which I shall now describe.

I have a Python program that reads in data in a format not supported by ParaView (it actually reads from more than one file which contain different sorts of data). It reformats the data and then writes it out in VTK Legacy format which can then be used as a source by ParaView.

I want to adapt this so that it can be used as an element in a pipeline.

Is the best way to do this to rejig the code so that it can be used in a Programmable Source that produces Grid Structured Data? If I do this can I easily distribute the Source to my collaborators?

Is an alternative to create a Plugin that wraps the Python code in C++?

David Scott

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.