No, I am just making with 'make' on a single cpu. Still haven't found the
clue unfortunately. Perperhaps rebuilding the hdf5 lib. I have by the way a
different gcc compiler  which I use to build paraview than the default gcc
compiler, and I saw that the kernel was build with a different gcc compiler,
so probably also the system libraries. That could cause problems of course.
Well, thanks for the comments anyway
Regards