Pratik Mallya wrote:
Well, that is why i chose the subject title to be so :).
In particular, I since I am using numpy (and h5py) to calculate the tensor, I am storing the result (a 256X256X9 ndarray named Q) into h5 file by using a command of the form:
g.create_dataset("Q", data=Q)
Does the problem lie here? Am i supposed to use a different format/function of h5py, or something? Because I can see the .h5 file using hdfview, and it seems perfectly all right.

I figured out a workaround: although my h5 file has nine component(3 are redundant since it is a symmetric tensor) i am reading it as a 6 component tensor, and paraview is now able to read it! I wonder why this is the case? I have already detailed the code in previous mail; can someone please tell me why it is working like this?

Thanks in anticipation.

--
*Pratik Mallya*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pratik.mallya