Le 30/09/2011 18:38, Pierre Chevalier Géologue claviota:
PS: I try to do the same on my side, to check, but my bandwidth is not too good, so it'll take some time to download the tarball.

I have the tarball, at last: it is HUGE!

wget http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.12/ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz
ls -lh ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

-rw-r--r-- 1 pierre pierre 116M 30 sept. 17:30 ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

116M, my telephone line got warm...

tar zxf ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz

du -sh ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686
360M    ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686

I browse through the files. Okay, I understand better, now... Yes, definitely, my advice was quite bad! I thought the tarball would just contain the executables, and a couple of libraries... Oops, not.

I stick to my "normal" debian installation, definitely!

By the way: in which GNU/Linux distributions is paraview packaged? Obviously, debian, and not scientific linux.

À+
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
    Mesté Duran
    32100 Condom
  Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                05 62 28 06 83
                06 37 80 33 64
  Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
  icq#   :   10432285
  skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
  http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue