Christian,

Thanks for getting me started.  And sorry it took me so long to respond.
 I've been moving pretty slow on this project.

Anyway, I've done the following with my script:

import math

input = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)

output = self.GetOutputDataObject(0)

numPoints = input.GetNumberOfPoints()

points = input.GetPointData()

SurfCvg = 0

for i in xrange(numPoints):

 d = points.GetArray('d').GetValue(i)

 coords = input.GetPoint(i)

 z = coords[3]

 h = 0.00015 - abs(z - 0.00015) - 0.5*d

 H0 = 2*h/d

 if (H0 < 0.002)

  SurfCvg = SurfCvg + 0.25*math.pi*d*d

Theta = SurfCvg/(0.01*0.001)

outputarray = vtk.vtkStringArray()

outputarray.SetName("Surface Coverage")

outputarray.SetNumberOfTuples(1)

outputarray.SetValue(0, "%d" % (Theta))

output.GetRowData().AddArray(outputarray)

First of all, am I getting the z coordinate correctly?  I haven't been able
to find an answer to that in my searching.  Secondly, my end goal is to
plot the value of Theta over time for my dataset.  Do I have the output
stuff done right, and where do I go from there?

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Christian Richter <christian.rich...@ovgu.de