Great, thanks for letting me know! And congratulations, Dr. Marsan :-)

Burlen

On 01/13/2014 10:41 AM, Aurélien Marsan wrote:
Hi Burlen,
Thank you for this. SurfaceLIC was incredibly useful for my PhD. thesis.

Aurélien.

2013/12/17 Burlen Loring <burlen.lor...@gmail.com <mailto:burlen.lor...@gmail.com>>

    Hi All,

    I've added a page to the wiki documenting the new features
    developed for the surface LIC plugin in PV 4.1. It's linked to
    from the main Wiki page under the "other" category.
    http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Line_Integral_Convolution

    in summary:

    * added noise texture generator with 9 dof
    * added an option to disable integrator normalization
    * added a new pseudocolor shader
    * added a fragment masking shader
    * added image processing stages that help increase the visibility
    of the LIC and produce bright pseudocoloring
    * parallelized the algorithm and added some caching to optimize
    interactive rendering
    * added support for OSMesa and Apple OpenGL.
    * bug fixes

    I hope that the new features help produce better visualizations in
    a wider variety of situations than was previously possible. A
    myriad of parameters are exposed in the GUI to provide access to
    the new features, however I hope that the above documentation will
    help explain how these work and get folks up and running. The
    default values in 4.1 should match the old 4.0 defaults fairly
    closely, so there shouldn't be too much pain for those wishing to
    use the plugin as they always have.

    Burlen