I am running this simple script:

   from paraview.simple import *

   path = "/home/lindsayad/gdrive/MooseOutput/"
   file_name =

"DCPlasma_argon_energy_variable_trans_for_compare_townsend_spline_new_form_var_iz_var_el_new_ip_trans_coeffs_small_plasma_radius_gold_out"
   inp = path + file_name + ".e"
   out = path + file_name + ".csv"

   reader = ExodusIIReader(FileName=inp)
   tsteps = reader.TimestepValues
   writer = CreateWriter(out, reader)
   writer.UpdatePipeline(time=tsteps[len(tsteps)-1])

When I run the script, 5 csv files are written, with suffix *0.csv, *1.csv, ..., *4.csv. The *0.csv file contains the data I want; however, the other 4 files are empty. Why are these 4 empty files written, and how can I prevent it from happening?

Alex