I'm trying to write a script to save the results of plotSelectionOverTime. So far no success. I'm using the Trace functionality to keep track of the necessary steps. I use Paraview 5.2.0 64 bit on Fedora 25.

What I have is a data set representing the temperature field in a 2D domain. I use the calculator and integrateVariables to estimate the thermal energy with respect to a reference temperature. Then I use plotSelectionOverTime to plot the result. In the GUI it works well, but the generated trace contains all functions related with the creation of the different windows. Removing these, I kept what I think are the relevant parts for the script:

from paraview.simple import *

solutionpvd = PVDReader(FileName='/my/path/solution.pvd')

calculator1 = Calculator(Input=solutionpvd)
calculator1.AttributeMode = 'Point Data'
calculator1.ResultArrayName = 'Energy (MJ/m)'
calculator1.Function = 'volumetric_heat_capacity*(temperature-10)/1E6'

integrateVariables1 = IntegrateVariables(Input=calculator1)

plotSelectionOverTime1 = PlotSelectionOverTime(Input=integrateVariables1,
OnlyReportSelectionStatistics=1,
                                               Selection=None)

SaveData('/my/path/output_data.csv', proxy=plotSelectionOverTime1, Precision=5,
         UseScientificNotation=0,
         WriteAllTimeSteps=0)

I execute the script like this:

pvpython my_script.py

However, nothing is generated and no error message is printed either. If I save the data from integrate variables:

from paraview.simple import *

solutionpvd = PVDReader(FileName='/my/path/solution.pvd')

calculator1 = Calculator(Input=solutionpvd)
calculator1.AttributeMode = 'Point Data'
calculator1.ResultArrayName = 'Energy (MJ/m)'
calculator1.Function = 'volumetric_heat_capacity*(temperature-10)/1E6'

integrateVariables1 = IntegrateVariables(Input=calculator1)

SaveData('/my/path/output_data.csv', proxy= integrateVariables1, Precision=5,
         UseScientificNotation=0,
         WriteAllTimeSteps=0)

I can save the data corresponding to the first time step. If I set WriteAllTimeSteps=1, then I produce all timesteps in different files which is not useful either since the number of timesteps are too many.

So, my question is, how can I save the output from plotSelectionOverTime OR save the data from integrateVariables for all timesteps in the same file.

Regards

Javier