Hi all,

I have a time series of scalar fields (imageData) and want to use ParaView to
compute a moving average of the values in the field with respect to time.

For example (just looking at a single point in the field for this example):

Time -------------->

0    2    4    6    2

|---------|
     2
     |---------|
          4
               4

In my research so far, I’ve found the Temporal Statistics filter, but this
doesn’t appear to support ‘chunking’ the time series or using a sliding window.

Is there any way to do something like this in ParaView? Would I have to write a
custom filter? If so, where should I start?

I’m trying to do this as part of a numerical approximation to an integral dt.

Thanks,

Ross