Cde Mzu Cabanga

I would caution against a knee jerk response to the circumstances of imprisoned
APLA comrades without a full appreciation of the PAC's efforts to correct and
amend their incarceration, and have all of them released. You are also very
shrill and abrasive in attacking, I assume, Africanists who work for the ANC
administration.

Firstly, Motsoko Pheko is on record for having led a campaign to release APLA
cadres from prison after being convicted for fighting for freedom. This has
been his swan song for 17 years now. At the point when a special parliamentary
committee was formed to address a constitutional pardon to effect their
release, including those from the other parties, Letlapa Mphahlele wrote a
letter to Mbeki that Pheko should not belong to that committee and that Mudini
Maivha replace him. Maivha was not a member of parliament and could only bark
without biting, and the chair of this committee went to a former NP leader who
has stalled the process ever since. Talk about cutting your nose to spite your
face. Yebo, we must sustain the programme to release all our comrades. The
saboteurs must stay out. Full stop.

Secondly, we are in an environment of constitutional democracy designed to
protect settler interests with western backing. The struggle is not over yet.
This phase requires strategic positioning and sustained coordination of our
activities. PAC cadres have been sent to provide service in the state machinery
since 1994. Efforts to resuscitate the PAC are deliberately sabotaged, and the
decline of the Party has reached rock bottom. We must appreciate all factors
and analyse the objective conditions, for us to make a serious awakening and to
form a lasting alliance with the struggles of the Azanian masses. We must
vanquish our opponents with facts, so says the evergreen PAC Basic Documents.

There are those who fall prey to ANC tactics and unwittingly get used as
idiots. They get to tasting the nector of neo-colonialism and cannot release
their hands from the cookie jar. Structurally, observe the conduct of APC in
the SCOPA programmes and make political reviews.

My Afrika greetings.

Jaki