Hi Gary and all, I'm no expert but.

Sorry Mate, doesn't work like that.  You have to use CD audio format,
and to use their useless player, which despite Nero burning at 32X on
my machine, will only burn at 4X!. It's also saving about 2 minutes of
the previous CD at the start of the new one.   Although not crucial,
it's a pain, when you want later to convert the book to MP3 format.

I'm probably not a "power user", but Frankly the reason I'm so keen to
do it, is that audible manager has to be the worst piece of software
ever written in the world ever! ever! ever!,, it's consistently flaky,
not great with screen-readers, and the download options are primitive
at the very least. Oh for some way of finding out what hot keys are
available in the programme, and for some meaningful help with the
desktop player.

Can you believe this!, I've just replaced my hard drive, and it would
appear that I've got to download all the books as separate files, even
though I've purchased them, I can't select the lot, and download them
all at once while I spend the night in alternative ways!.  I've got
about 10 to 15GB of books, and with the improved HD space, I want to
download everything in the best format available, so I can't simply
copy from one HD to the other. When I try to add more than about 3
files to the download queue, the machine slows down ridiculously.
Additionally I appear to have to stay on the audible web-site, so it's
not audible manager that's doing the downloading, it's IE.

Cheers,

Rob