From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of djc
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 7:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Skype

Hi Rick I wouldn't use Skype for text chatting. Stay with messenger. Skype
is a Phone program that allows people to chat over the internet in real
time.

On 6/16/2004 at 3:44 PM Rick Alfaro wrote:

>I see lots of folks are starting to use this chat client.  Before I
>install it, can someone tell me if the text chatting is as accessible
>as it is in MS
>Messenger?  Both major screen readers have added good support for
>automatically reading incoming text messages.  Does this happen with Skype
>as well, or are you back to having to bring focus to the chat window, and
>reviewing the screen?
>
>Also, can Skype be run along side Messenger?
>
>Currently, I don't have a microphone connected to my system, and
>strictly use text chatting between here and my office and MS Messenger
>works great for that, but I am always open to looking at something else
>if it is
really
>a better solution.  The impression I get is that Skype's strong point
>is voice chat, which is great if they have made this easier to
>accomplish,
but
>I don't want to take a step backwards in text chat either, so what's
>the scoop?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Rick Alfaro
>http://www.pc-audio.org

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

     My Live Journal http://djc1.livejournal.com

             email Or Msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     I C Q Number Is: 4781694

     Join Me for Great Oldies on Saturday Evenings.

     www.oldiesradionet.com for the Schedule and Information.