Robert thanks, very clear explanation, problem is, now I can't even record LOL.
something is being recorder but it's not the tape it just seems to be the sound
of the machine.
I have windows 98 and jaws 3.5 and am trying to record with cdex but when I go
to check the items you suggested jaws doesn't tell me whether an item is checked
or unchecked. If I have both line in and mic checked then when I check the
record volume one or other of these is muted .
Any thoughts
Tessa