unfortunately it depends on your type of recorder as to what you will buy.
Most take the DVD+r and dvd+rw format. Sony and Philips for example. but
Panasonic and Pioneer for example can record to dvd Ram Dbd-r and dvd-rw
media. I would say if you bought dvd+r media you would have it made but buy
a small quanity so if it is not the proper one you can take it back. The
problem I   had most when I was a customer service rep for these products
was some one bought a one hundred pack of the wrong media and could not get
there money back once the brok the seal on the disks.