Hello,

To answer your last question: no, you can't play real audio streams in Winamp using the Tara plug-in.

As for the rest of your questions, I can be of little help, since I have never had these problems. I am on NTL broadband, 750 KBPS. I am running windows98 SE, and the processor speed is half yours. My screen reader is Hal, and I use an external speech synthesiser. I have Winamp, Windows Media Player 9 and Real Alternative on my PC, and all play internet streams without a problem.

Some suggestions: make sure that the connection speed and buffering rate of the players is suitable for broadband - no doubt you have done this already, but it is always worth checking. Try turning off your screen reader's voice before clicking on the 'Listen' link - perhaps the speech is conflicting with the streaming audio. Do you get to a station from a web site, or have you bookmarked the station in your favourites list? If the latter, is the result still the same?

Hope this helps, though it is rather clutching at straws.

Cheers,

Christopher