From: "K. Washington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 7:11 AM
Subject: GoldWave 5.8 question?

Hello.  Have a question about splitting a long 4 GB .WAV file in Gold Wave.

This file was created using Total Recorder Pro 4.5 and WinAmp.  It has no
silence for GoldWave to automatically drop Q marks.  Basically it is a long
DJ mix of music tracks.

I could follow the excellent instructions outlined by an individual on the
list (Andy Logue), but it would take me way to long to listen to over 6
hours worth of music and manually drop Q marks for splitting the file.

My question.  Is there anyway to tell GoldWave to drop a Q mark at every so
many minutes?  Meaning say I want a Q mark dropped at every 10 minutes of
an audio track, it would do that.  Would be much faster for me to edit Q
marks already placed, rather than place them myself manually.

Another thing, is there a keyboard command to jump to a specific time in a
file?  Reviewed the help documentation, and see no such command.  That
would also make things much easier.  I could jump to 00:10:00000 of a .WAV
file, drop a Q mark and Then jump to 00:20:00000, drop another Q mark, and
so on.

Thanks for any help.