Hi Susan,

I had a problem with my jfw reading my documents selections to me, I had to read them with a magnifyer, but I do read a lot of text with the jfw, its much faster than me trying to lean close to the screen and reading slow, zoomtext would probably be good, but it can be cumbersome too. Good luck with all that tech equiptment. Dave Hutchins
----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Wojtecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: split headphones

Dave,
Yes, I really did appreciate the responses. I was able to forward them to
my friend just about the time her headphones arrived and she confirmed that
everyone was right, of course, that she could not split the channels as
she'd hoped. Fortunately she has some tech help so she thinks she can
successfully install another soundcard. This was all good info for me down
the road though because I will be upgrading to XP eventually and do not
think my old Keynote synthesizer is being supported anymore, so it'sgood to
know that an additional soundcard might be an alternative to purchasing a
new hardware synthe unless the local DVR folks are feeling very generous at
that point, smile, not holdingmy breath. This is one of those times I guess
when not giving correct info can lead to bad advice.

And yeah, computers are something aren't they? I mean, just when you think
you know what you're doing ... I also think visually impaired users have to
know a lot more about their OS etc. than do sighted folks because of the
complications of screenreaders, OCR etc. Many thanks.

Susan