That's kinda true. I have installed the product numbers of times. However if they believe that you are genuine in your request to reinstall after the number of activations has passed they will reactivate the product for you. I have even had them provide misplaced serial numbers for me after a hard drive failure. Additionally their technical support is absolutely first rate. Recently I had difficulty reinstalling/reactivating. Their technical support sorted out the problem for me after about 6 emails.
Cheers
Andrea
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Novath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Sound editors pound for pound?

Thanks, Shawn.

I can probably afford Nero this month, but something like Sound Forge would have to wait until late spring/ early summer of 05. Is it true that Sound Forge has some kind of copy protection that prohibits you from installing it onto your computer more than three times?

Best,
Lou Novath

----- Original Message ----- From: "shawn klein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>