I have the xmpcr and also a Veronica fm transmitter.

The xmpcr runs off of a usb port on your computer and connects to the sound
card via the line input.  Note that xmpcr does not connect to the internet in
any
way.  It's just another xm receiver which is controlled by computer software
for changing channels and setting other functions and playing the sound through
the
sound card of your computer.  You could actually run it into a stereo or
something else rather than the line in of your computer if you wanted, but it's
designed for
people who want to hear xm while at their computers.

As for getting the xm signal to your fm transmitter, you can connect the
transmitter to your computer just as you would if you were playing files
through realplayer
or winamp.

I suppose you could connect the output of the xmpcr directly to the input of
the transmitter if you wanted.

I get excellent results running xmpcr and the output of the soundcard into my
fm transmitter.

Don