Hi listers,
Well, I thought I was making some progress with this program but now can't
seem to do anything.  I wrote a few days ago that I was able to edit and
split using pause detection but that I received an error when trying to use
the record mode that said I needed to install or configure the mpglib
encoder or whatever.  Thinking that I might resolve the problem by upgrading
to the latest 1.38 version,  I downloaded the most recent file and followed
the instructions to install the lame encoder, or so I thought.  However,
when I go to the devices tab I still do not see a choice for this encoder,
and now whenever I try to open a file I get an inet error saying I need to
configure the mpglib encoder, which makes no sense.  Thinking that I
actually needed to install it, I attempted to download it from the webpage
into the help file, only to be told that it was already there, so I don't
understand why these encoders are not being recognized.  I now have what may
be three different versions of the Lame encoder on here--Winlame version
3.93, a file that was required for a Goldwave demo which I think is called
Razorlame, and now this, so why can't these programs find them?  I'm running
Windows 98 se with JAWS 4.02 if that matters.  I really like the way MP3 cut
seems to work but don't know what I did to mess it up ... I've tried MP3
split and this seems muchmore intuitive if I can figure it out.  Help
please, I'm obviously running out of usable brain cells, lol.

Susan