-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kelly Pierce
Sent: 28 April 2005 13:33
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: recording problem in sound forge

Kevin,

Thanks, that did it!  All I needed to do was uncheck the stereo mix
checkbox
and everything is back to normal.  for others with integrated sound
cards
wanting to know the exact issue and steps I took:

    when Replay Radio was installed, it essentially checked the
checkbox
for either the stereo mix or the mono mix in the recording properties
dialogue. This has the effect of recording the entire speaker output
when
making recordings using the line in input with other programs, such as
the
Sound forge editing program.

    to fix this, I went to the recording properties dialogue

    programs/accessories/entertainment/volume

    and when I was in the volume control dialogue, I went to the menu
and
selected properties. In this property sheet, I cursored down to
recording
properties. the default is playback. I then tabbed to a list and
selected
all items to display and then pressed the ok button. In the next
property
sheet, I found that the stereo mix checkbox was checked. I had
selected
stereo mix during installation of Replay radio. I suppose if someone
chose
mono mix, that checkbox would have been checked instead. I made sure
that
my line in checkbox was checked and unchecked all other boxes.

    presto, it worked!!! the downside is likely that one may need to
tinker with the property sheet when switching between Replay radio and
other programs that record sound, like sound forge. however, the two
programs can easily co-exist on the same computer.

lesson of the story: when in the middle of a project, even one that
might
last for weeks or months, don't install programs that preform a
similar
function on your computer.  these programs may change settings that
the user
is unaware of and will then need to painstaikenly track down and
finely
adjust to return to the previous settings that were working well.
Lesson
lerned.

Kelly