I'm a Sound Forge user, but I've a friend with a Goldwave question.
Goes like this:

After successfully removing a piece of unwanted audio from a buffer by
positioning the markers and either cutting the piece to the clipboard
or deleting it, how does one play around the cut?  That is, in Sound
Forge, for instance, there's a pre- and post-roll play key you can use
to hear a few seconds of audio before and after the cut to see if it's
how you like it before moving on to the next task.  In Goldwave, the
F4 play key doesn't play anything.  Do you have to deallocate the
markers or move them in some way to make this happen, or is there a
pre- and post-roll feature a la Sound Forge that should be used
instead?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.