The replay products can record from the sound card in addition to capturing
the stream.  They will capture your system sounds and synthesizer unless you
also use the "enhanced soundcard driver" from replay which captures the
sound as it enters your soundcard and thus does not get the synthesizer or
other sounds.  I find the enhanced sound card works well for me but similar
drivers have been know to give some people problems.  Fortunately, it is
easily uninstalled should it prove problematic.  RD